Pet with Allergies

The information found on this web-site is NOT MEDICAL ADVICE

Consultation with qualified physicians, veterinarians or other medical experts should be your
first step in dealing with any health issue.  Mold Sprayers does not give medical advice.

Symptoms of mold exposure can also be attributed to many other health-related issues and you
should always seek the appropriate expert advice.

Moldsprayers LLC has created a Pets Page about mold allergies that pets and their owner’s entire family are suffering.  Both animals and humans are subject to a variety of allergies caused by contact with the skin, digestion, or inhalation.  Unfortunately, many people believe their pets are the cause of their allergies, while in many cases, family pets are suffering from the same allergens.  The severity of allergies varies greatly and can be seasonal or year round.

Mold allergies are the most misdiagnosed.  After having been exposed to mold over a long period of time, many people have developed a low tolerance for mold and they place the blame on the pet’s dander or whatever else comes to mind.  An allergic reaction is an overreaction to a particular substance or allergen.  Remove the mold not your pets.

The most common symptom of an allergy is itching.Itching caused by contact, food, or inhaled allergens may be localized at spots or be systemic, covering the pet’s entire body.Allergies causing respiratory problems, such as mold, are generally more serious.  If your pet shows signs of having difficulty breathing, consult a vet immediately.  These reactions are more common with cats.

The number one place mold can be found in your home is usually your carpeting!  Mold is found everywhere and, in places where moisture is allowed to accumulate, you will find an abundance of it: Under the porch where the dog lays in the shade, on a wall or in and under kitchen and bathroom sinks.  It will come through walls adjoining these rooms into bedrooms.  The pets lie on the floor near slow leaking plumbing, or near wall paneling that is cultivating even more mold, look out! It’s everywhere! You just aren’t aware of it and you, your kids and the pets are sick.  Don’t blame it on the Dog.

Hopefully you can now visualize that it is not your pet’s fault!  Your animals can’t run a shower and change its clothes like you and I and mold spores are spreading as seeds.  So, in a sense, the pet IS contributing to the problem, but not the cause.

With inhalants, pollen is the most common type of allergen.  Cigarette smoke, air fresheners, smog, or other airborne pollutants, can also be problematic.  Identifying the allergen is a critical part of treating your pet.  Itching, scratching, biting and licking may all be associated with contact, food, or inhalant allergies.  Thus, pinpointing the actual allergen may be a challenge.  To further complicate the detection process, an animal may have more than one allergy at a time.

The first step in determining your pet’s allergy is to eliminate the mold from your home.

The second step is to eliminate as many potential allergens as possible by restricting contact with foreign agents and feeding your pet a high quality diet.  For inhalant allergies try adding Omega 3 fatty acids to your dog’s diet (fish or olive oil) along with Vitamin A, E and Zinc supplements.

A cool bath may sooth your dog. Relieving your pet’s itching is an important part of treating an allergy.  Continual itching and scratching can cause an irritation to spread leading to a secondary infection.  Some ointments and lotions are helpful to relieve the itching.  A hypo-allergenic shampoo can be used when treating your pet for contact allergies.  Flea and tick or insect repellent shampoos may also be beneficial.

Reduce your pet’s stress level. Prescribing antihistamines, steroids such as cortisone, antibiotics, or allergy shots may be needed. Call your vet to help determine the source of an allergy along with the appropriate medical treatment.

Moldsprayers has discovered that after performing their mold remediation methods and following up with their high-shock Ozone treatment, many allergy symptoms for both humans and animals have, in many cases, completely disappeared along with any persistent odors that may have been present.


What Are the Signs of an Allergy?

The signs vary with the individual
animal Dogs typically scratch, bite and
chew their feet, flanks, tail area and
face. Cats usually lick excessively.
rashes, skin infections, sores and
scabs. It is common for dogs to
develop repeated ear or paw
infections. Severe allergies are very
uncomfortable for your pet.